Sunday 1 August 2010

GC1ETVD: ch083 - Chiltern Hundred, Cogdells Lane

Found on 2010-08-01
Placed by: drsolly
Size: Small (Difficulty: 1.5 / Terrain: 1)
Location: Southern England, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1ETVD

After going to church and giving our bodies a bit of a rest this morning, we decided to go for pub lunch at the Artichoke in Croxley. It was here after eating their huge gourmet burger that we were recounting our previous day, and Mrs Fitz was still adamant she could have gone on for night-caching the final ring.

We both thought it would be great if we could at least do the 100 in a weekend, if not a day. It was then that she stated she could quite easily head over and do it now. Well I was feeling quite stuffed and thought she was only bluffing - in order to tell people later that I held her back and we could have done it. So I kind of went along in a double-bluff, thinking I would get her to climb down.

The bluffing back and forth continued (though she insists she was genuine all along). I had already texted Dr S that we were done and would try the final ring another time, but as we drove back home in the car I was really starting to get excited about going out there again. At the same time, bluffing or not, Mrs Fitz was losing her enthusiasm and tried to seduce me into taking a nap when we got back home - but I was by this time all fired up and getting on my caching gear.

So moments later we were back in the car, and heading back. I sent another text to Dr S to check he'd be on hand and he said "Go for it"!

Arrived at GZ, parked on the side of the road without blocking access and found quite quickly. Onward Samwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!