Friday 8 January 2010

GC1C1Y8: What the Dickens #2

Found on 2010-01-08 at 20:00:00
Placed by: currykev
Size: Micro (Difficulty: 1.5 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1C1Y8

You're right, this can be done in 10 minutes. 9 minutes figuring out I was standing in the wrong place and 1 minute actually solve n grab! It didn't help that my GPSr was basically going bonkers with the London Effect.

OK So I found Mr Dickens and indeed on either side of Mr Dickens were 2 plaques, so there I was trying to relate the clues to the plaques and it dawned on me, maybe I'm not supposed to be looking here. Then I went and stood in front of the office(?) entrance pondering the 2 plaques here, but still no number overhead - as I was pondering I was approached by a security guard who enquired as to my well-being and I said "I'm find thankyou." Then I had an "ah ha" moment and headed to the right place.

Once there, easy solve and once I had the coords I was struck with a bit a panto feeling. Quickly found the cache, but the logs were just too wet to sign, so I took a photo of the cache to verify I got my grubby mits on it (not a spoiler image I promise).

Thanks for introducing me to another hidden part of London!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!