Sunday 31 January 2010

GC171QJ: Ping!

Found on 2010-01-31 at 20:00:00
Placed by: drsolly
Size: Micro (Difficulty: 4 / Terrain: 1)
Location: Southern England, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC171QJ

I solved this one a few months ago, at the same time as The Robot Arm but just didn't get round to plugging in the new coords and going out to find. Had a particularly busy and frustrating weekend but I wanted to get out and do maybe a couple of caches at least just to get over the hump.

It started Friday when Mrs Fitz broke the screen on my netbook through an incident involving a foot getting entangled in a power cord. Not a problem since the hdd can be recovered and we have household insurance. So I ordered a new one from Amazon and paid for express 1 day delivery. Well that never turned up within one day. Then doing some printing of documents I needed quite urgently, our printer ran out of ink. So off I went to Tesco at 8pm in the evening to grab some print cartridges for £40 - only to find when I got back the printer has completely died too, but not until after I had opened the cartridges and slotted them in! At this point I am wondering if Mrs Fitz is using nefarious means to try and get me away from spending too long working on computers?

Approached the area and parked nearby originally thinking I had entered the wrong coords until we read the hint. Approaching the cache I got the distinct sense that this wasn't just any cache, this was an M&S drsolly extra puzzly cache. After meandering around for a little while sighted the container and did the business.

So not a good weekend - but I found your cache. TFTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!