Monday 5 October 2009

GC1ZGG6: Coal Post #52

Found on 2009-10-05 at 19:00:00
Placed by: bones1
Size: Micro (Difficulty: 1.5 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: Eastern England, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1ZGG6

[font=Trebuchet Ms]~*~ FTF ~*~ [:D]

Well I've been seeing these Coal Posts popping up all over the place and was in the mood for the hunt. Got the notification on my BB on the tube heading home so I quickly changed, grabbed my GPSr and loaded the coords and headed out.

What I didn't realise is that the wife left me with an empty tank, so the light was blinking yellow as I raced for this one but I decided not to stop for petrol and glad I didn't now. Parked in Rofand Rd first but I don't know the area and couldn't see a footpath so I ended up driving round to Sandy Lodge Way and approached over the tube lines.

Very dark, had my head-torch on, got to GZ and was confused for a moment - but I didn't read the description properly. At this point I decided to call and leave a text message for the wife.. in case they need to find my body later I told her I was headed for Coalpost 52.

Anyway, reread the description - thank God for mobiles and EDGE - and quickly located the large rusty Coalpost, it was then only a short time after that I got the cache!

Signed the log, noticed the other coords written on there - is this for some kind of bonus? Anyway as I was taking some pictures lo and behold I saw another flashlight approaching and guessed it might be a cacher. We did the secret geocaching signal and it was of course [b]TrainSPLOTer[/b].[font=Verdana]

Also trod in dog poop again, I don't know how I do it but I'm a magnet for the stuff. GZ now fully saturated with the smell due to my wiping and spreading it all over in a frantic attempt to remove the substance from the sole of my boot - sorry about that.

TFTC!

Dipping Rav4, it got me there in time and on fumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!