Thursday 8 October 2009

GC143RE: Short back and sides

Found on 2009-10-08 at 19:00:00
Placed by: frozboz
Size: Small (Difficulty: 2 / Terrain: 2)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC143RE

[font=Trebuchet Ms]GPSr sending me everywhere due to what I call the 'London effect' - worse than a forest full of trees.

First it lead me right in front of the office building nearby, and for about 10 mins I dodged muggles leaving work shining my keyring light into the foilage there. Hints weren't helping at this point obviously until I read them over again slowly. Then I moved up the path to the gardens.

Once again I tried applying the method described in the hints and came up with nothing. I headed down into the gardens to get a look from the other side of the wall and found a homeless guys stash hidden under there. Decided to make like a tree and split before homeless guy came back - did not TNLNSL.

I was about to call it quits when I took another look over the road and it dawned on me where I was going wrong. Perhaps this is because it was already really dark so it wasn't immediately obvious.

Tried several spots in this ivy mullet, now taxis had turned up at the office buildings but the drivers didn't seem vaguely interested in what I was doing. Still couldn't find the cache - even applying now both methods described in the hints.

Once again I was about to give up when I decided to have one last try and broaden my search - found it almost immediately - I'd say that your methods described for finding the cache are now wildly off, but it's probably moved along from its original location - there are obvious signs of the visits from other cachers too.

TNLNSL. Last cache for this evening, better get home now as the other half of _TeamFitz_ calling on my mobile wondering where I got to.

I was half expecting the anti-terror squad to turn up since I don't know how many security cameras I was under tonight carrying an electronic device, a large backpack and going back and forth looking under handrails, walls covered with ivy, fences and outside office buildings.[font=Verdana]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!