Saturday 17 October 2009

GC1C6RB: Twenty Four ! (Bucks)

Found on 2009-10-17 at 19:00:00
Placed by: nottheactor
Size: Regular (Difficulty: 3 / Terrain: 2)
Location: Southern England, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1C6RB

[font=Trebuchet Ms]Solved Friday (16-10-09) after a little bit of thinking and then the lightbulb went on.

Trouble is, depending on how you approach the problem, which tools you decide to use - if you do use a tool to make the job easier/quicker then you may find, as I did, that you have at least 3 slightly (fractionally) different sets of numbers.

I finally did find the number that fit the equation and had the coords noted down.

Parked on the road nearest to the cache, which was still some distance hiking, though I suspect there may have been an easier way to this one. It was late in the afternoon and just before we found the cache it turned into night caching. I had forgotten my head torch but thankfully had my bike torch in my rucksack so we were able to sign the log and examine the contents. Not that D needed the torch to simply stick her arm in a dark hole to retrieve the container.

Literally had to fight bushwhack through thorns and branches to get to GZ. Obviously we hadn't come from the right direction but I couldn't really see what would have been the right direction. Nevertheless exited from the opposite direction which gave us much less confrontation from the brambles.

Took Hanna Charity GC and left Elementary/Cobra GC's. TFTC![font=Verdana]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!