Wednesday 21 October 2009

GC16Y72: The Clock Tower

Found on 2009-10-21 at 19:00:00
Placed by: maxkim
Size: Not chosen (Difficulty: 4.5 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC16Y72

[font=Trebuchet Ms]Finally got you! [:)][:)][:)]

I'd visited about 3 or 4 times over the last few weeks and circled this island so many times - I even took photo's on my camera phone to examine later at my desk. So yesterday after thinking I has sussed it and failing yet again it was time to call in backup - Mrs Fitz, the other half of _TeamFitz_ to see if she could spot it.

I can't believe I've eyed this thing suspiciously on every visit but simply assumed it was a normal part of the surroundings. Ironically it was only with the full _TeamFitz_ present that I suddenly had a lightbulb moment and thought - why would it be positioned there?! Reached out, and it indeed proved to be a fake - soon had the log in our hands.

Speaking of hands, Mrs Fitz's hands were particularly grubby as she'd made the same mistake as me on my last visit [:D] and tried another similar type of object on another side of the tower which looked suspicious but indeed proved to be real. But for a while there I really did think that was the cache and was puzzling over how to extract the log.

This is certainly a brilliant hide, first time I've seen one like it and gives me some twisted ideas for future caches. I wouldn't quite say it's in full view but it's definitely visible and there's no need to use your hands to feel for it - or get your hands all grubby either.

Beast of spider guarding the door to the tower. Took a picture from the camera phone but somehow the light reflected of its back and made it seem even more fearsome.

Very difficult, very deserving of it's 4.5 stars but I think this should be a traditional, I avoided it for a long time thinking there was more of a puzzle to be worked out. Oh and this is [font=Trebuchet Ms][b]Find #150![/b][font=Verdana][font=Verdana]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!