Thursday 27 May 2010

GC1ZA57: Reel around the Fountain

Found on 2010-05-27
Placed by: dancingdogs
Size: Small (Difficulty: 1 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1ZA57

Headed over to Oxford Street on the tube after work. Waited for about 6 packed tubes before finally jumping on and taking my chances. I just can't stand the crowds, the armpits, the guy who can't wait so jumps on behind me his body right next to mine, I only let my wife get that close mate!

Mrs Fitz needed to get some cosmetics from Selfridge's and so of course I ended up being dragged along and stood outside on the pavement for a while looking at caches in the nearby vicinity - the nearest 2 were multi's that needed other stages completed first so they were off the list which made this one the next nearest. I don't know what it is about London but it seems you can choose to stand anywhere, and choose a spot which you think is out of the way of the crowds and yet still someone will manage to bump into you - perhaps it's my own personal magnetism - I don't know but they just stumble along like zombies and eventually will brush past...

Aah well enough of the ranting about London, this is meant to be a cache log isn't it? Well we both made our way over, about a 15 minute walk from Oxford Street, not too long and we soon were at the memorial. Mrs Fitz found this right away, she's got the eagle eyes. Signed the log and it was done. Nice to see a small container, not a micro and a few small swag items too.

TFTC and history lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!