Monday 31 May 2010

GC111YX: Roman or Gaul - Taking Sides

Found on 2010-05-31 at 19:00:00
Placed by: JollyJax with Ashaaria
Size: Small (Difficulty: 2 / Terrain: 2.5)
Location: , United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC111YX

We had visited Clayton House earlier this afternoon and now we decided on doing some caches and noticed this cluster in Twyford (which my Canadian wife pronounces Twyeford - with an 'eye' sound) so we parked as suggested and started out.

How difficult was it to find this footpath? We ended up going into the farm and since it looked quite private we turned back, then on the way up the road we spotted the footpath sign but this seemed to lead around the back of someone's cottage. Thankfully the owners of said cottage returned and upon making queries we discovered the narrow slither of an overgrown path which lead us into the meadow.

It was slightly grey but still humid day with odd spots of sunshine but all the buttercups were out and Mrs Fitz made her way ahead whilst I stopped to take photos. I was then accosted by two horses and as I tried to move on it became clear they wanted to pose for photos so I took some shots of these fellas then we were on our way.

A bit of back and forth in the next field finally led us to the cache which was found by Mrs Fitz. It seems that the GPSr compass goes barmy whenever I hold it but points in the right direction when my wife has it - must be my magnetic personality!

Took Cache a Day GC. TFTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!