Thursday 26 November 2009

911 Pager Stories

Anyone checked out the 9/11 Pager data on Wikileaks yet?

I must admit, I'm curious, so I downloaded the 27mb text file and did a quick grep on it for "WTC".

I then found an interesting personal message, so decided to grep for that and found the following piece of dialogue, if you can call it a dialogue. I've redacted some parts to protect identities, but the whole messages are available at Wikileaks.

2001-09-11 XX:XX:XX XXXX [XXXXXX] C  ALPHA  (14)GMA.  Xxxxxxx's father works in the WTC.  I may drive her home.  I'll keep you posted.  This is really f'd up.
2001-09-11 XX:XX:XX XXXX [XXXXXX] C  ALPHA  (15)So that you know Xxxxxxx heard from her dad.
2001-09-11 XX:XX:XX XXXX [XXXXXX] C  ALPHA  (16)80-CALL XXXXXX WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE AT XXX-XXX-XXXX.
2001-09-11 XX:XX:XX XXXX [XXXXXX] C  ALPHA  (17)How are you doing? Did Xxxxxx hear from his Dad? Tom 884-2168
2001-09-11 XX:XX:XX XXXX [XXXXXX] C  ALPHA  (18)81-I AM HOME SAFE. CALL ME LATER. -XXXXX.
2001-09-11 XX:XX:XX XXXX [XXXXXX] C  ALPHA  (19)82-I GOT IN TOUCH W/ XXXXXXX, FINALLY. SHE'S OKAY. SHE WAS ON THE TRAIN AT THE WALL ST STOP WHEN THE EXPLOSION HAPPENED. XXXXXX.

A small personal story in the midst of a great tragedy, overlooked by the eyes of the world.

I'm sure there's more to dialogue missing from this one, but it's just a taster of what is to come I'm sure when they've finished data-mining and crunching it.

It would be interesting if someone stumbled across messages regarding WTC7, which was pulled collapsed at 5:21pm EST. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!