Thursday 1 July 2010

GC1CY58: Square Hole, Round Peg

Found on 2010-07-01
Placed by: SpeedyBeale
Size: Micro (Difficulty: 2.5 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1CY58

I was heading back to Euston Station after grabbing a cache nearby. I didn't want to do any more micro's and was a bit tired but I saw this was only 400m away and it was a mystery that could be done at the location - I had a fairly good idea what was required having done a similar virtual I decided to go for it.

Arrived at GZ - well, actually, outside GZ. Couldn't get into the park as there was some kind of open air concert on (ticket only) but they had speakers facing outside and lurkers all over sitting listening to the Opera. Thankfully, all I was needing to do was walk around and jot down information so I didn't look too conspicuous, but searching for the cache was going to be a doozie, trying not to look like I was trying to sneak into the concert.

Put together the clues, and thankfully discovered I didn't have to actually enter the private place, but I did have a small audience behind me at GZ, where I had spotted the cache immediately.

I decided to adopt the 'leaning and looking at the poster info' position to remove the cache by slight of hand. Incredibly, no-one noticed, neither did they seem interested in me unravelling a crumbling paper log and signing it.

Had to wait a few minutes before replacing, a few of the same lurkers still standing around, but just did the same thing again to get it back in place.

2x micros this evening, the other was a trad, but for some reason this was infinitely more satisfying to find, and the opera music made the clue-gathering and searching much more pleasurable. TFTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!