Sunday 7 February 2010

GC4FAE: Hornet's Hide 5 - Spooks up East (Herts)

Found on 2010-02-07 at 20:00:00
Placed by: The Hornet (maintained by Pharisee)
Size: Regular (Difficulty: 2 / Terrain: 1)
Location: Eastern England, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC4FAE

What a fantastic place for a hide! We headed down to this one after doing Summerhouse Way playing field, and admittedly I hadn't looked at the cache page (we go paperless so I usually read when I get to GZ). As we walked down the path I followed the GPSr through a trail into what seemed like an old and overgrown graveyard and pointed Mrs Fitz to the gravestones.

We weren't quite sure of what we'd stumbled into, but we were quite taken by the scene. I took some photo's of the gravestones and Mrs Fitz read them and noted that they were all young when they died, which led her to assume it may be a soldiers graveyard. Well, when getting to GZ and finally reading the cache page how wrong we were.

Cache was found easily enough by me, Mrs Fitz said she "thought it would be there" but that thought didn't translate into action so I beat her to it. No ghosts or zombies were seen or heard from during our excavations but you never know.

TFTC, Took DanTheMan TB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!