Sunday 27 December 2009

GC2103E: Seeswood Search

Found on 2009-12-27 at 20:00:00
Placed by: Hillhappy1
Size: Regular (Difficulty: 1.5 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC2103E

We were now headed back home to Watford after a few days with the family in Bedworth so this was the 3rd cache of the day but 2nd night cache after Bring on the Clowns (GC226RE).

We were driving via Arbury Road and looking at the GPSr I could see it was going to be 1/2 a km so maybe half an hour, so it wasn't much to convince the wife to stop and do this one. However, picking the middle of the night in the middle of winter is not the smartest time to do this cache.

Parked in the suggested location and worried a bit about leaving the car but it proved ok in the end. We headed down the logical footpath thinking this was probably going to be an easy trek, but then the footpath abruptly ends and leads you into a giant muddy field! It was my stupid idea to follow the stream around the edges of the field so we got out feat and jeans thoroughly muddy and soaked through. Not so much a problem for me wearing worn out boots, but for my wife who cried out "I'm not wearing the right shoes for this! These are my best boots!" Being the good sport she is, she was happy to carry on, it was a bit late now anyway since they were already caked with mud.

Then I finally had a lightbulb moment and decided to try the middle of the field which wasn't so bad, it was wet but the ground didn't suck you in with squelches as you moved over it - also we avoided the hazard of the electrified fence which my wife was kind enough to point out before I grabbed it for balance.

After crossing into the next field and going through one more muddy patch we finally made our way towards this nicely placed cache. It was a beautiful night at least, clear sky and the moon providing much of the light for us. We could see the outline of the trees on the horizon of the next field, unfortunately we don't have a good enough camera to capture the moment - but there's an idea for next Christmas!

Took the Florida Travel Bear TB, unfortunately, due to the small size of this cache I was unable to leave any of the TBs I had with me, but it was an enjoyable trek nonetheless! TFTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!