Friday 24 July 2009

GC1PPHR: Ricky Egg Hunt - Bonus

Found on 2009-07-24 at 19:00:00
Placed by: Gum54
Size: Small (Difficulty: 1.5 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: Eastern England, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1PPHR

"So, do you think that extendible mirror would have worked back there?" said the wife smiling sarcastically. She was referring to something I wanted to buy for geocaching, as we walked away from GZ located in the middle of a field North of Rickmansworth.

I had worked out the coords wrong and not only had I done that, I had 'solved' the puzzle that a few days ago my wife expressed disappointment at not getting a chance to do it with me. Well, now she got her chance at least. But getting the coords wrong not by just a few feet, try over a mile away - through a cornfield and a thorny hedge.

So we got the right coords in and found the spot after a most enjoyable hike to the middle of some cornfield. At least I had the sense to question the coords before attempting the search.

Nice hiding spot, found a weird plastic shoe sole also at the spot - don't know if that was part of your hide so left it there.

Took the keyring torch and left a magnetic flashing light nano. Needs 3x of those small batteries to work, I don't know if it's waterproof so I wouldn't use it for a cache.

Dipping the Rav4 TB for miles.

As always, TFTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!