Tuesday 7 July 2009

GC1M3GA: Gunnersbury Triangle - woodland

Found on 2009-07-07 at 19:00:00
Placed by: holdsworth
Size: Small (Difficulty: 1.5 / Terrain: 1.5)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC1M3GA

I was due in to our offices on nearby Chiswick High Road, spotted this little fella in my GPSr and decided to bunk off work early to go find it.

I didn't think to bring a coat this morning and just as I tweeted I was "Gone Geocaching..." did the heavens open and raindrops the size of apples dripped down. Still, the rain couldn't dampen my enthusiasm and it was not long till I stepped off the concrete jungle into this mysterious little jungle in the heart of Chiswick.

Went bushwhacking for this one and had to double back quite a long way - in my soaked cargo pants and cotton shirt - felt very inadequate and totally unequipped for this mini rain-forest.

Anyway, I found it. Brilliant location and hide, I did not want to put my hand there to retrieve it but plucked up the courage and when I opened the tin I almost dropped it as the spider inside startled me. Kudos to the last cacher!

I took Homer and left a small Porsche 911. I also took the crazy Crop Circle Geocoin - maybe this was the source of all the freak weather and mysterious growth?

TFTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!