Tuesday 9 March 2010

GCPWCY: Broadgate Webcam (London)

Found on 2010-03-09 at 20:00:00
Placed by: *bingoboy*
Size: Not chosen (Difficulty: 1 / Terrain: 1)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GCPWCY

First webcam cache! [8D]

I had taken the day off today to get my tooth implant done at the research clinic where my wife works. I was having a pretty atrocious caching run with a string of DNF's till I got to Liverpool St. I saw this cache page before and then realised I was in the area so decided that with the wife in front of her PC at work and me here, now would be one of the only opportunities to grab this one for _TeamFitz_.

So what did I find when I got to GZ - they only had the whole circle closed off as they were taking down the ice rink! I called the wife but she just couldn't spot me on any of the camera's from where I was standing above, I even tried standing on one of the stone benches but it was no good. Then she told me to hang on, so I did.... and I waited... and waited. I then hung up as time was passing so I went and did nearby Flonopoly No.4.

I then got a call back and since I hadn't left the area yet I told the wife to wait and got back to the rink. We were still trying to find a way for me to get on the camera when she said she saw someone walking down the steps, I saw the steps on the far side and realised they were still accessible, so got myself over to there quick. The workmen gave me a funny look but soon sussed what I was doing, I then waited with my hand in the air and... then had to give my wife a tutorial on PrtSc, and pasting in to Windows Paint, then saving it.

We got there in the end, I had to put a red circle around me as it's quite a distant shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!