Sunday 7 March 2010

GC24EE8: Ahoy there landlubbers

Found on 2010-03-07 at 20:00:00
Placed by: leefarman
Size: Small (Difficulty: 2 / Terrain: 2)
Location: Eastern England, United Kingdom
Geocaching.com: GC24EE8

Mrs Fitz had just made herself a coffee and was about to sit down, relax and watch a bit of TV when I spotted this email notification on my Blackberry. After battling through the cold wind yesterday in Essex I had promised her no caching today, but when I saw this was just 3.2 miles away how could I resist.

So quick scramble to get bag, pen, boots, print cache page... why isn't it printing.. where is it? Oh well can't wait... where's the Garmin, can't find it - must be in the car glove box. Scribbled down the coords and into the Rav and we were on our way. "It's only been about 30 mins" I said to Mrs Fitz, "good chance we'll get FTF on this one!"

Parked up at Scotsbridge Mill car park and headed toward GZ. As we got through the gate I saw the large tree and thought that must be it, but there were a couple of lurkers on the bench sitting a bit beyond. I thought since they were sitting much further down they couldn't be cachers and so the FTF would be ours, but as we approached, the Mrs whispered to me "They're looking over at us." I told her just look like we're examining the tree.

But it soon became clear the couple on the bench were taking far too much interest in what we were doing and it turned out to be [b]mbtkz[/b] who pulled out the cache they'd been holding and grinned as I called out "Did you find it?!"

Quick introductions and discussion of puzzle caches whilst I signed the log and took Freddy TB. It was nice to meet the team who cracked both my puzzle caches first and without any hints!

Nice area this, haven't been down here yet but I said to the Mrs that we should probably cycle the Chess Valley Walk when it gets a bit warmer.

TFTC, hope there are more to come over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flame away, but prepare to be burnt!